This webpage contains scientific information meant for medical professionals only.
This page contains content meant for Medical Professionals Only.
Please confirm below that you are a Medical Professional.
CognivAiD is a natural product indicated for improving cognition and function in vascular dementia
CognivAiD is indicated for patients with mild to moderate vascular dementia.
CognivAiD is a multi-herbal formulation comprising a combination of standardized extracts of 3 herbal ingredients:
• Croci Stigma
• Ginkgo Folium
• Ginseng Radix et Rhizoma
Dosage & administration
The recommended dosage is 2 capsules, 2 times a day orally.
Common side effects are gastrointestinal disturbances or allergic skin reactions. Rare cases of headache.
Not recommended in pregnant and lactating women, and individuals with bleeding tendency or are hypersensitive to ginkgo. Not recommended for concomitant use with anticoagulants/antiplatelets, and before surgery.
A Multimodal Mechanism of Action
CognivAiD targets the complex pathophysiology of vascular dementia using a multi-target pharmacological approach.
1. Seto, S., et al. (2017). Sailuotong prevents hydrogen peroxide (H2O2)-induced injury in EA.hy926 cells. International Journal of Molecular Sciences, 18(1), 95. https://doi.org/10.3390/ijms18010095
2. Yeon, S. Y., et al. (2020). Endothelium-Independent Vasodilatory Effect of Sailuotong (SLT) on Rat Isolated Tail Artery. Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, 2020, 1–10. https://doi.org/10.1155/2020/8125805
3. Zhang, Y., et al. (2019). Sailuotong Capsule Prevents the Cerebral Ischaemia-Induced Neuroinflammation and Impairment of Recognition Memory through Inhibition of LCN2 Expression. Oxidative Medicine and Cellular Longevity, 2019, 1–13. https://doi.org/10.1155/2019/8416105
Sustained Improvement of Functional & Cognitive Domains in
Vascular Dementia (VaD) With a Favourable Safety Profile
1. Improvement in cognitive and executive functions1
• Significant improvement of cognitive function based on VaDAS-Cog assessment as early as 3 months
• Long-term continuous improvement up to 1 year
• Reproducible benefits seen in delayed-starter groups after switching from placebo to CognivAiD
VaDAS-Cog: Vascular Dementia Assessment Scale Cognitive subscale
2. Significant & clinically meaningful global improvement1
• Significant improvement in global condition of patients assessed by clinician with input of caregiver, based on ADCS-CGIC
• Divergence of outcomes between early- and delayed-starter groups was reversed as early as 3 months after switching from placebo to CognivAiD in delayed-starter groups
• Sustained improvement for at least 1 year
ADCS-CGIC: Alzheimer's Disease Cooperative Study-Clinical Global Impression of Change
3. Safe and well-tolerated1,2
• No significant difference in rate of adverse events in those taking CognivAiD vs placebo.
1. Jia, J., et al. (2018). Efficacy and safety of the compound Chinese medicine SaiLuoTong in vascular dementia: A randomized clinical trial. Alzheimer’s & dementia (New York, N. Y.), 4, 108–117. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.trci.2018.02.004
2. Steiner, G. Z., et al. (2016). The effect of Sailuotong (SLT) on neurocognitive and cardiovascular function in healthy adults: a randomised, double-blind, placebo controlled crossover pilot trial. BMC complementary and alternative medicine, 16, 15. https://doi.org/10.1186/s12906-016-0989-0
Disclaimer: CognivAiD™ is a trademark of Moleac and is referred to as ‘CognivAiD’ or ‘SaiLuoTong’ or ‘SLT’ in this website.